• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Vent Liner for Deerstalker

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walks with fire

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone make a coned vent liner with an allen wrench head for the Lyman Deerstalker? I really like the ones that RMC makes for the TC's 1/4 x 28 thead but can't find any with the allen head for a Lyman thread.

I recently bought one from RMC for my Lyman GPR and it had the allen type head. You may call them and ask about it. I was pleasantly surprised.

Jeff

Thanks for the heads up on the vent liner. I was looking at their online store just a month or so ago and all they had was the slotted liner. I didn't want that so I kept looking and couldn't find one.

Went to the RMC online store and lo and behold there they were. I have one on the way but man did they hammer me on the shipping! I spent 12 bucks for a liner and a jag and the shipping was 9 bucks. Seems a bit much on the shipping but I got the liner.

Thanks; good luck this year.

Well THAT JUST TICKS ME OFF!

I ordered two RMC lines for my Great Plains a few months back. Didn't realize they were shipping slotted liners. I wasn't happy about their rip off shipping cost, but really wanted those socket head liners. You can imaging how (urinated off?) I was when the slotted liners arrived. So now they have the socket heads again and I have to get ripped off again.

Maybe I should buy 100 and sell the for three bucks more than the RMC price, but with free shipping.

I got an Ampco liner for my GPR, and while waiting for it to arrive decided to drill out the Lyman liner to .067" with a #51 bit. I also coned the inside. After reinstalling and a trip to the range, I decided to use it for a while longer and keep the Ampco for a spare. Just enlarging the touch hole a little and coning the inside made a dramatic difference in ignition. It's about as close to instantaneous ignition as I'd ever hoped to get. No need for all the fancy-named liners when you can make the factory one perform to its' full potential.

Back