• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Very first muzzle loader build finished!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ndillon

32 Cal.
Reaction score
This is my new traditions deer hunter cap lock rifle. Just put the last coat of tung oil on it last night. Looking forward to getting it out on the range! Only problem I have is the plastic sights on it, does anyone know where I can get metal after market sights to fit this gun?
9cfd6db0.jpg

Careful, it's addicting! Good job. Sights can be found at Track of the Wolf, Dixie, Log Cabin Shop. Be sure to check out the sponsors here too.

Looks nice. I too just finished building my first kit from traditions. I didn't install the plastic sights. Click on my name and check out my "sights" post. There is some great info in that thread. The guys here are really helful. I ordered metal sights (as close as I could get to original looking) from Track of the Wolf. In the thread I mentioned, there is also a link to original rifles (not kits) and you can zoom in to the pictures and see what the sights should look like.

Back