• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Very interestin 2" bore muzzleloader

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang!:shocked2: That thing makes my .96-caliber parapet gun look like a ladies' smoothbore.

My mistake, but with that in mind it may be time to make one with a full 2" bore or would that fall in the catagory of the "punt gun"?

I did wonder that myself when I read the article, the best thought I came up with was with shooting that amount of powder less rifling allowed for easier loading of a second shot and easier cleaning. Perhaps that is a question for the creator.

Jumpshot said:
Why would there only be rifling at the muzzle?

Purdy IIRC built "paradox" breech loaders during the 1870's to 1890's or so. They were conventional choked 10 and 12 gauges, but the choke, and only the choke had some weird looking rifling. Kind of a ratchet profile to it. You could shoot their solid lead slug and get pretty decent accuracy out past 100 yards, and also shoot shot loads and get good tight game-killing patterns as far as a modern shotgun. Thus the "paradox".

Back