• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Veterans

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Been watching the news on the boob tube. Pretty disgusted at this point. All I see is the continuing coverage of the Janet Jackson halftime Super Bowl show bullpuckey. Has the media forgoten that there is war going on in Iraq and Afghanistan?

So, I have turned off the tube and I say thank you to all Veterans! ATTENTION! HAND SALUTE!!

My daughter is in Iraq so I have low regards torwards the stars who think we want to see all their goods on national TV.

You want to impress me Janet Jackson. Put on an ALICE pack and hump 20 miles through the sand. Oh and by the way, you get to carry the baseplate for the mortar and some extra mortar rounds too! Haw !

Just my 2 cents!

amen musketboy I too have a son over in the big sand box he won't get to see his daughters first birthday his tour is up in sept. so he'll make up for it then. :: I feel guilty bein over here havin fun like today went to Sauk trails hawg shoot came in second and brought home around 15 lbs of meat.
weasel

I did my tour of duty in the Army: November 1968 - December 1971. My only son got his honorable discharge from the National Guard just a few months before Bush got us into the "late unpleasantness." I sure hope your children make it back safe; in fact I hope everyone's children make it back safe.

I don't watch the Super Bowl, but thankfully the news networks could show me the offensive deed some thousands of times.

I too have a son over in the big sand box he won't get to see his daughters first birthday I feel guilty bein over here havin fun like today went to Sauk trails hawg shoot came in second and brought home around 15 lbs of meat.
weasel

I would shake your son's hand if I could. Don't feel guilty. He signed the papers. Thanks to people like your son, we can have fun. I retired after 21 years in the service and I would trade places with my daughter if I could but she made the choice, just so the Jackson family can act stupid and make millions! That's America and the minds that are wasted watching MTV and such.

Thanks Haggis !!

Your service is appreciated! What branch?

You are part of the U.S. history!

I was in the Army: first an aircraft mechanic, then a doorgunner, then Corps of Engineers, then a cook, then out.

(I liked being a cook the best.)

It's rather sad that the media, even Fox, choose to waste so much air time on another Jackson boob....boo. And these kinds of people are supposed to be "heros"? I'm sorry for those who see them as such. John Wayne at his worst makes those kinds of folks look like exactly what they are. Leeches.

I'm an Air Force veteran, Dad was in Korea, my oldest son spent 9 years in the Corps and Grandpa, long dead, was in the Army same as Dad and I can guarantee that all 3 of us still alive salute and support our military brothers and sisters. Unfortunately freedom isn't free. Thomas Jefferson said "the tree of liberty must, on occasion, be watered with the blood of patriots and of tyrants....it is natures manure". Sadly he is correct.

Vic

I'm a twenty year U.S.Army retired from Dec 7 1970 to Dec 31 1990 was on tanks. Thirteen years in Germany on overseas duty.I pray they come home safe.

I am a 20yr man also. Vietnam twice, 1st of the 27th Infantry (Wolfhounds) in the 25th Infantry Div (Tropical Lightning), also fought in the Dominican Republic with the 82nd Airborne Div..........Aug63 to Sep83.......john.....here at Fort Hood, Texas

Back