• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Voortrekkers on Schanskopd

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heinrich

40 Cal.
Reaction score
2nd and 3rd June, and we reenacted the life in a Voortrekker Laager. We also showed the typical defense of such a laager against attacks.

P1010033.jpg

Happy Birthday Heinrich. God Bless you and Nadine.
I see even ol' Titus looks good on that last pic.

Thanks all you guys, and thanks Christiaan, I appreciate every single wish. :bow:

Schanskop was a great experience, and I probably met the most amazing artist/craftman I will ever meet in my life, and I shall post some of his creations over the following few days. The man is a genius, and a master in everything that he makes. I think that he was never told that there is nothing that he can make with his two hands.

Christiaan, that is in my opinion probably one of the five best ever pics taken of my brother.

Hello from Germany,

first of all: Happy Birthday, Heinrich!

Great pics, great canon! I guess that theese voortrekkers are kind of settlers who try to settle the land in big trecks similar to the USA. Who attacked them? Negro tribes?

Kirrmeister

In a word, Zulus.
[url] http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=zulus+boers[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
A story that sticks in my mind was when the Zulus, pretending peaceful intentions, did some treachery.

The Boers bided their time patiently, until they got several of the Zulu chieftains into a kraal, and then repaid them in kind, with interest.

Was a lot of fun. Its a saddening to hear how little South Africans know or actually cares about our heritage and history. :bull: :cursing: Used this weekend to educate people on all the half truths that they believed to be the whole truth. :winking:

Was great fun to shoot that 6 pounder with a charge of 350grams of BP. the earth shudders at that boom. :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

Christiaan, we missed each other. When I came down to the CA display at about 13:30, the auaction already started. :(

Great pics, authetic looking.

We have the same problem here in the US, seems history only begins for many people on the day they were born.

Back