• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Walnut board

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are reasons manufacturers gravitated to walnut for unmentionables. Can't think of any factory guns that came stocked in maple. Very pleased with the appearance and performance of the maple on my two flinters.

I don't get to hung up on a perfectly planed stock blank, it only needs to be perfectly flat on the top side where you inlet the barrel. Perfectly square sides aren't going to matter as soon as you start shaping the stock.

There are reasons manufacturers gravitated to walnut for unmentionables. Can't think of any factory guns that came stocked in maple. Very pleased with the appearance and performance of the maple on my two flinters.
Ruger made a run of bolt action rifles. Obvious and full curl. Taylor also offered pistols stocked in curly maple

Latest posts

Back