• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wano Schwarzpulver of Germany Black Power

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REX

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I have not been able to find a previous post on this mfg of black powder, has anybody heard of them? if so your oppinion, GRAF has this black powder packaged under thier name. Any info is appreciated.

rex (westcoastBPgramps)

If you do a search in this Area for the last 6 months for "Schuetzen Powder" and different search for "Powder comparisons" you will find your answer. :m2c:

If it is the Scheutzen BP that came into the USA about 1 1/2 yrs ago :imo: it is good stuff. As potent as the Goex & just a tad cleaner burning, from what I have shot of it & about the same velocity too. Not as potent or clean burning as the Swiss and better in ALL ways than the Elephant I used for lawn fertilizer. :D :results:

G'day,

WANO is probably the most common BP here in Australia. I have never had a problem with it in either long or short arms. :results:

Cheers from down under
Aussie Bob

The first bp i ever fired was wano. I was in Germany & another soldier gave me about 5 lbs of the stuff in bulk. So of course i had to get something to use it with....you know the rest of the addiction story......

I used a cut down 45 acp casing for a powder measure and a full 45 casing of cornmeal in a ruger old army. The cut off 45 hull powder measure turned out to hold about 30 grains. The good lord looks after some of us fools......

when i got back to the states, it seemed to me that the American powders produced more fouling, when using those dippers i had made up in Germany. I don't have any actual measurements unfortunately.

I've never gotten quite as good accuracy from that pistol since. Maybe i need to get back to the original wano & revisit that. It can't have anything to do with 25 years gone by...

rayb

thanks for all the input, I'm going to try some in my deerstalker flint.
rex (westcoastBPgramps)

Back