• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Was this a good deal "CABELAS"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Otter, the last box got today, has extra screws and 3 worms, extra wire and cotton brushes, plus 2 leather gun sleeve bags all new.
I am in dream heaven and it was like Christmas all over again when these boxes came in. The rich fellow, lived in Cal. and somehow got the bug for blackpowder at some fair or Rondy and then went to a gun shop(Cabellas) and bought everything that 2 guns needed, then they set for 2 years on a shelve and the bags of stuff never opened, then he wanted to get off on all of it, most likely to many gun activest friends, So I was at the right place at the right time and got a deal of a steal.

Your deal was almost as good as mine. I was talking to a friend about buying a flintlock and he said "dont buy one, I have a caplock you can have" Well I couldnt believe it when I seen it. It was a Cabelas 50 cal. Hawken, like new. He also threw in 2 boxes of maxi-balls, #11 caps, patches and misc tools. Also he gave me the origonal sights. He had a set of tru-glo sights on it. I felt guilty and offered to pay him for it but he refused and said if I didnt take it he would throw it away. He said it misfired on him twice while hunting. (a new spit-fire nipple cured that). Anyway I went out and bought him a pile of bp stuff for his new gun. I spent close to $100 and got him 2lbs of powder, patches, balls, cleaning kit, nipples and a bunch of other must haves.
You got a great deal
Frank

Latest posts

Back