• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wasp nest as .."WADS"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"I'd read about it being used historically for wadding and tried it in my .62cal trade gun."

Could you share the source for its historical use? I have tried to find something with out any luck.

I use both hornet and wasp.The comb works better as you just tear off abouteight holes worth and ram er down and it holds up better in your pouch.The paper works too.You kind of crumble it into the bore and tamp it down to make a good wad,over powder and over shot with both.

i use hornet nest in many gun muzzleloader shotguns under roundball. and in black powder cartridge loads with black powder and smokeless and they have never burt. and they protect the cloth patch as well. lose they will burn, but under compression they seem not to burn.

I was out yesterday taking my Double Smooth Bore for a walk..found this on the ground !

DSC08622.jpg

DSC08619.jpg

Latest posts

Back