• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Waterproofing Possibles Bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slamfire: Have you noticed that any brass or copper coming into contact with the snoseal turns green and darkens the leather around the metal? I used snoseal on some gun leather and had a mess on my hands after a week, even my hunting boots with the brass lace holes were a mess. I'm not sure what takes place but the leather around the brass seems to break down very fast and allows the brass rivets to pull out of the leather. When I say fast I'm talking a year, but even this to me is unacceptable. I threw the remaining snoseal away so I can't say what brand it was, white container with green lettering is all I remember.

There's a picture of what I'm using about half way down this page:

sno-seal

It is predominently blue with white. The boots I used it on had silvery metal in the eyelets, and they haven't show any deterioration. I've had them since the winter of '97/98 and the leather is still in great shape. They were cheap Wal-mart boots too. :haha:
I'll test it on some sheet brass, but what you describe would be the action I'd expect from something that had ammonia in it. :hmm:

Back