• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

well, the 40 cal. worked again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i just got back from the woods. i killed another one with the 40 SMR, sorry Jim it ain't a Kibler LOL but i have killed several with your great rifles. this deer came out the same spot as the last one i killed 2 Fridays ago. 80yd shot again. it was just cracking daylight; i could barely see good enough to shoot. 62gr. of 3f goex and a round ball hit in the right spot is all it takes, dropped like a sack of potato's,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
40 cal 8 point (1).JPG
40 cal 8 point (4).JPG
40 cal 8 point (5).JPG

i just got back from the woods. i killed another one with the 40 SMR, sorry Jim it ain't a Kibler LOL but i have killed several with your great rifles. this deer came out the same spot as the last one i killed 2 Fridays ago. 80yd shot again. it was just cracking daylight; i could barely see good enough to shoot. 62gr. of 3f goex and a round ball hit in the right spot is all it takes, dropped like a sack of potato's,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,View attachment 356459View attachment 356462View attachment 356463
Congrats on a fine deer. Indeed, hit them in the right spot and watch them drop.

Was considering the other day that, after I hopefully get a couple deer in the freezer, I might give my .40 a try on some of the small doe we have around here. That is as small as I'd go in caliber but, with what I've seen from an accuracy standpoint for that caliber, I was pretty confident she'll get er done. With the season you're having i am now completely confident. Congrats on the fine table meat.

Was considering the other day that, after I hopefully get a couple deer in the freezer, I might give my .40 a try on some of the small doe we have around here. That is as small as I'd go in caliber but, with what I've seen from an accuracy standpoint for that caliber, I was pretty confident she'll get er done. With the season you're having i am now completely confident. Congrats on the fine table meat.
it's funny how so many people hear/read and repeat things that they really have no idea about. i have read over and over how a 40 cal. is defiantly in no way a "deer caliber" i have a friend and neighbor who is a deer hunter, he told me a 30-30 was in no way a deer rifle! i said Well i am glad all the dozens i have killed with a 30-30 didn't know that or i wouldn't have killed them! well, it is like this, our deer season runs from aug15-jan1 on private land. i am 67 years old and been hunting all my life. and i have killed literally 100s of deer. i have a lot of experience. up until a few years ago when the north invaded with their wonderful plan and way of thinking to try to force us to be like them, we had no limit on bucks and no obnoxious deer tags! and we got along just fine! and had more deer than we knew what to do with. if a deer is hit right with any size projectile in a vital area, like lungs, heart, neck, ect, it will die fast! if it is hit in a non-vital area, with a large "deer caliber" it can run for miles or days and you may never see it again. the point is hit it right with what you have, and it will work,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

it's funny how so many people hear/read and repeat things that they really have no idea about. i have read over and over how a 40 cal. is defiantly in no way a "deer caliber" i have a friend and neighbor who is a deer hunter, he told me a 30-30 was in no way a deer rifle! i said Well i am glad all the dozens i have killed with a 30-30 didn't know that or i wouldn't have killed them! well, it is like this, our deer season runs from aug15-jan1 on private land. i am 67 years old and been hunting all my life. and i have killed literally 100s of deer. i have a lot of experience. up until a few years ago when the north invaded with their wonderful plan and way of thinking to try to force us to be like them, we had no limit on bucks and no obnoxious deer tags! and we got along just fine! and had more deer than we knew what to do with. if a deer is hit right with any size projectile in a vital area, like lungs, heart, neck, ect, it will die fast! if it is hit in a non-vital area, with a large "deer caliber" it can run for miles or days and you may never see it again. the point is hit it right with what you have, and it will work,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Well said. Even better, the proof is right there. Indigenous hunters were getting it done with bent saplings and pointy rock for a good while. Congrats on another successful hunt!👍

Back