• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Went for meat hogs with a couple buddies

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MosinRob

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Went out to PA for some meat hogs again this year. Their is really no challenge to it but the meat is sooooo good and it's always a fun time with my friends. We had quite a bit of variety firearm wise. I was using a .54 Lyman Plains pistol and my backup was a 1945 Sako M39. Was a good time, lots of laughs and good times. I shot mine with the pistol and was a great shot right in the lungs. When we walked over to her she was wobbling and wanting to roll off the cliff, So I pulled the M39 out and put it right through her head and she dropped. I know a lot of you guys dont like these hunts, but some do so I thought I'd share. Btw I was wearing the camera glasses and they fogged and I pulled them up so that's why the camera is aiming at the sky lol.

1618320_10152526049744409_1272822489_o_zps5b6aab78.jpg

.54 shot

Nice pig! Congrats on the good hunt. If I may ask, do you notice if they act any differently when the temps drop to those levels? There is more snow in your photo than I have seen in the last 3 years combined. Usually we get a half inch to an inch, several times a winter, if at all, but not enough to cover it like that. I think the last time I saw that much snow was the winter of '09/'10. Which is kinda funny cause I've been a lot further North, and our snowfalls down here are a joke in comparison.

I guess that this was a commercial 'pay for kill' operation. That pig is very fat and very short-haired for a wild hog. I actually think I would prefer your hog to the scrawny, tough ones that run around down here.

Years ago when I started hunting, I wanted to kill a "wild boar". I went to a place in Tennessee and shot one with a pistol. I was completely ignorant to the fact that all of the "wild boars" there were put and take. A couple of years later I was filling up my truck in Georgia when a trailer load of "wild boars" arrived at the gas station on its way to the same place I hunted. :doh:

They don't move much in this cold. They stay herded up and don't run. Other times when I've gone in April they run

It's a Carolina hog. Meat hog. It's on a preserve yes. It's not a epic hard challenge hunt. It's just a nice easy hunt with good friends. The meat is just so good. It's nice to know where it came from and I process it without all the bad stuff mass producers put in it

Latest posts

Back