• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Western Pennsylvania clubs

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Sarge

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I know there has to be a ML club somewhere in Western Pennsylvania. I live in Armstrong County PA and would like to know if there is any clubs that put on ML shoots during the summer months. Thanks for the help. By the way if there isn't...wanna start one?

old sarge dayton sportsman club puts a shoot on in the summer and jefferson long rifies and old westmoreland also if ya need anymore info call me at 724 4799698 hope this will help ya i been to all of these shoots a good time

Hey um.... old sarge....If you go over to sportsmans supply and talk to Kurt he belongs to a m/l club.How about if I just come over pick you up and we'll both go!What are brothers for!

If you can find a copy of the "Pennsylvania Federation of Black Powder Shooters" handbook it lists shoots for clubs all over the state.

If you want a name and phone number for anyone on the BOD send me a PM and I'll get that information out to you.

Old Salt

hello. i am also interested in clubs and even reenactments in our area. i am from ridgway in elk county, my brother, uncle and i all would like to join into a club or get something going anyboby into it can pm me for my phone number.

hey old sarge, forest grove blackpowder riflemen
shoot every month.allegh. co. were member of the pa. federation of bp shooters,there are at least 6
bp. clubs around you that shoot year round..
need more info just email [email protected] later, mike

My buddy is the Vice-President of the Penn Federation of blackpower shooters if you would like a book for 2008 I can get you intouch with him to get one.

bentfork, if you need more information about the clubs that are around where i live, here is my phone number 724-479-9698.

If you live in Armstrong county you're not far from Brookville (Jefferson County). There's a traditional ML club - Jefferson Longrifles - that has been around since the 70s. They have a great range and have monthly shoots as well as a winter and summer rondy. E-mail me if you'd like more info

[email protected]

The Clairton Sportsmans Club has monthly shoots open to any one with a tradtional muzzleloader. Shoots are the first Sunday of every month. Shoots include a 17 shot trail and an additional shoot for meat or 50/50. There is also a coffee lunch social campfire between the two shoots. Forest Grove Sportsmans Club has as similar shoot on the third Sunday of the month. I know both of these are in Allegheny County which might be a little far but they are nice shoots.
Bruce

Hey kbeers...AKA "Little Brudder" We aren't gone yet? Remember Gun Show in Pittsburgh this weekend. Maybe find some of the parts you are looking for. I'll call when you finally get up.

Hey guys We gotta keep this thing going. I would love to meet some of the Forum members. It is so much better when you can put a face on the member you are talking to. I can see a lot of us Pa shooters all showing up and camping for the weekend this summer. Camping and making SMOKE is one of my favorite things to do. It just doesn't get any better than that!!!!!! Around the time trout season rolls around, we all need to get in touch! Prep for Summer shoots.

Back