• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What a find! CVA Express Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to recently acquire this CVA Express double .50 I found just sitting at a local gun shop. To my knowlege and looking closely at it when I bought it, it had never been fired. Now its had 6 shots through each barrel and perform better than I could have imagined! The target posted was at 50yrds off the bench. The load was 50 grains 3f, .018 ticking patch, and a .490 ball.View attachment KIMG0041.JPGView attachment KIMG0046.JPGView attachment KIMG0051.JPGView attachment KIMG0052.JPGView attachment KIMG0043.JPGView attachment KIMG0044.JPGView attachment KIMG0011.JPG

Good shooting.
I have one also, picked a few years back
I have not shot PRBs, Hornady Great Plains Bullets only. It has 2 flip up rear sights, trying to get both barrels to give me a good group was very frustrating.
By accident I shot both barrels with just one rear sight and it was way better. I sighted it in at 50 yards, I very rarely would get a shot over that.
The right barrel would hit target a little high to the right, left one little low to the left, I think if I move to 75 yards the group would tight up.
I like this guns. Heavy to carry in the woods but it's worth it to me.

Take Care Stay Safe

I also have one of these, but havent shot it yet, they are neat rifles though. Mine doesnt have that adjustable boss surrounding the muzzles, that must be a later addition thing?
From my research that was added on the 2nd and final generation of these as a fix to the inconsistent regulation of the barrels on the first gen.

Back