• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What do you carry in your patch box when hunting?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GAHUNTER60

40 Cal
Reaction score
Mine has a jag, a patch puller and five or six musket caps in case I have a misfire or lose one off my nipple (which happened just last weekend.)

Carry some souvenir clumps of deer hair found at the sight where the critter was killed. Just for good luck next time. If doing a program in public , put some tow in the box. Someone invariably asks ," how did the folks in the old days clean the rifle w/out a supply of cloth patches? Tow and most likely some of it was stored in the box..........oldwood

Nothing, ever since I had one pop open while hunting and lost 3 English flints, a jag, several patches, and a vent pick. I back tracked but didn't find any of them. Must have hit the release when going through brush. I'm just glad I wasn't using my Jaeger with the sliding wooden lid.

Back