• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What do you carry in your patch box when hunting?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing every thing is in the bag and then only the minimum that's needed for a day and to fix anything with the rifle that may happen.

This thred reminds me of what was in an old rifle bought a long time ago. Old cruddy round ball, couple old caps and some little square linen patches onlu .004 thick. I leave them in there.

Attachments

• A Wurfflein patch box contents (1).JPG
    A Wurfflein patch box contents (1).JPG
    142.1 KB
  • A Wurfflein patch box contents (2).JPG
    A Wurfflein patch box contents (2).JPG
    147.9 KB
Well I make my tool boxes deep each to hold flints, a jag, a ball drawer, a vent pick bit of rag. No patches most being sliding wood .The round or oblong lidded ones for percussion get jag, ball drawer , & a few caps being sprung lids or Baker type catches .The handiest jag being the stainless wire ones sold for breech loaders being light & sure grip .all fit into 8 u nf might be u nc rod tips . If like some matchlocks it has no box, I bore holes to admit a wire jag & most rifles have three holes drilled to take feather quills to stop the vent .Hunts often more days than hours long or where once for me so in damp localitys I carried it quilled & unprimed (For caplocks a bit of thick rubber served) to ensure no wet got into the load . bits of rag held them together and stop rattle wipe bore ect .
Rudyard

Back