• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What do you carry your fire kit in?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm working on my kit for trekking. My time period is 1800-1815 when David Thompson discovered and travelled through the Howse Pass. My current stomping ground. What would have been reasonably PC? would it have been just some type of leather pouch, or heavy canvas? Not waterproof for sure but an oiled pouch in a haversack might be? Thoughts?

Since he would have been outfitted by Hudson's Bay or Northwest Company, I don't remember who, research what they were offering as Trade Goods for that purpose. Probably some type of metal container carried in a leather pouch. He probably carried more than one.

Latest posts

Back