• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What do you love to hunt the most?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Though I have recently rediscovered hunting squirrels with a fowler and whitetails will always hold a dear spot in my heart it is elk which have tormented me for the last 10 years. Perhaps it is the golden aspens in fall or the music of a bugling bull heard over frost covered mountain tops. Moreover, because I have never come so close so many times and failed so miserably as I have on elk... then again, so often it is the journey not the destination which calls me.

John

What I am fond of is Cottontail Rabbit hunting with good beagle hounds and my family. Remembering the hunts my Father, Grandfather, Uncle, and I had. Only my Uncle is left. It's what I know best. To appreciate the tradition would require a sit at the table drinking coffee, talking about hunting, and enjoying the fried rabbit with buscuits, potatoes, and gravy afterwards. Yes Sir!

Occasionally we would flush a covey of Bobwhite Quail. Rarely a few Woodcocks or a Wood Duck or maybe a Grouse would present a shot. When a Red or Grey fox crossed our paths it was a plus. A days pay for the pelt was a bonus. Sometimes I would find an arrowhead in the cornfields while hunting. Those were the days.

I'd like to hunt Elk or shoot a wild piggy and have a bubba-Q someday.

Back