• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What do you pay for scrap lead?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, you guys must live a clean healthy life ... I can't find a source of lead around here, so i'll have to plonk down a ton of money at Robometals or somesuch when it comes up.

:(

I came across a cable contractor replacing old telephone cables, back in the day the cables were in lead jackets. I got several 100lbs just for picking it up and melting it into bars. Check with your local phone company, if they are replacing cable ask to be contacted

Does anyone stop by a local stained glass shop? The one near me has lots of scrap soft lead came from refurbished windows. Last time I got some at 50 cents/lb.

Oldnamvet said:
Does anyone stop by a local stained glass shop? The one near me has lots of scrap soft lead came from refurbished windows. Last time I got some at 50 cents/lb.

We had one where I work. They gave me their scraps and old lead. I ended up with close to 300#. I wish they were still there and hoping when the economy picks up they come back. Another guy there that turned me onto the lead got around 1000# and he doesn't even shoot MLs.

Put the word out to everyone. You might be surprised at some of the sources you end up getting lead from. I did one guy a favor and he worked in a tire shop so he had me come by to p/u some lead.

Got mine for nothing. Used to pay under $.20 per pound for isotope shielding that was scrapped. Now, I have been finding underground telephone line shielding for nothing.

CS

Since I am a service plumber and work in an area where most of the houses were built before 1970, I do many jobs where I must replace sections of rotted cast iron pipe assembled with lead and oakum joints, so they actually PAY ME to take it.

:blah: :rotf:

Latest posts

Back