• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What does your hunting area look like?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ron wehmeyer

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Would like to see pictures of other hunters , hunting areas. Here is a picture of me heading out for a Desert Mule Deer hunt in West Texas . About 3.5 miles North of the Rio Grande and Old Mexico. Very open country , but the Ghost of the Desert is hard to spot. DT Ron Wehmeyer

My land here in NW bama is thick hilly steep hollows with lots of bluffs an a stream in nearly every hollow. Lots of our hardwoods have been cut out an where its cut is so thick a rabbit cant hardly get thru it. But luckily I still have hardwoods to hunt in on my land an some of the adjoining property. Your lucky if you can get a 50 yrd shot an most my shots are less than 40 yrds

]Link[/url] ]Link[/url] Heres [url=http://[URL=http://s15.photobucket.com/user/johnsmo3/media/securedownload-8.jpg.html] ]Link[/url]
securedownload-9.jpg
[/URL]]Link[/url] Here's my corner of the world. I'm about 150 miles due North of Wattlebuster. We have basically the same type woods. There is not as many bluffs where I live as he has. Sorry for the one pic showing up upside down and all the links with the pics . I'm using my cell and was lucky to get that far :shake: :redface:

This is looking South from a shooting house down an old logging road overlooking a bedding area,
This pic is on one of my woods plots.It over looks a main crossing.
This young Lad came struting in the first morning I hunted the stand above.

A photo of a young Mule Deer Buck that watched us walk by. He seemed to think we could not see him. They are totally different acting than WT. Sometimes they will not move until you step on them and then other times they are leaving the canyon as you enter. Eyesight is unbelievable!,,,,,,DT

And last , here is one of what my WT. country looks like. Me driving my ( Please Excuse 1963 Jeep) down to the valley floor. Central Texas. ,,,,DT Ron Wehmeyer

Dusty Texian said:
A photo of a young Mule Deer Buck that watched us walk by. He seemed to think we could not see him. They are totally different acting than WT. Sometimes they will not move until you step on them and then other times they are leaving the canyon as you enter. Eyesight is unbelievable!,,,,,,DT

The terrain in that picture is really deceptive. Its obvious from the size of the deer that he's farther away than the bushes/terrain make it appear to be. For a brief moment I thought I was seeing a jackalope! :haha:

I wouldn't have thought you got snow down in 'bama.
That's some beautiful country you hunt, and that stream just looks delightful.

Everybody's pictures are enjoyable...makes me want to get out huntin'. :thumbsup:

Richard/Grumpa

One of the rare days I went fox hunting. And one of the even rarer days when I got one! I am not a good fox hunter, I actually took 20 years between the first time I went fox hunting and the first fox I shot. :redface:

Grumpa said:
I wouldn't have thought you got snow down in 'bama.
That's some beautiful country you hunt, and that stream just looks delightful.

Yep we get snow sometimes. The nice thing is its usualy gone in a day or so. That stream or branch as we call them is about 125 yrds behind my house. I have hunted these woods since I was 11 an killed my first deer in that spot an have killed many more since an hope to get some more out of there. Now my grandsons are hunting the same hollow :thumbsup:

Im with Cowboy on that. I thought that grey was alive. If so I knew you was brave or crazy. I knew a guy that caught a young fox in a live trap an he was trying to release it. His hand an arm looked like a weedeater had been ahold of him :hmm:

Back