• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What does your hunting area look like?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
duck camp..on prairie pothole lake
RushLake%201_zps4r2bdowq.jpg

squirrelsrushlake2-15-2013008_zps98e05a68.jpg

117_zpsfee66af2.jpg

RushLake7640x360_zps7a7b2461.jpg

grouse camp in the middle of state forest lands
IMG_0273_zps4335816a.jpg

IMG_0263_zps9f98b190.jpg

IMG_0242_zps81889e9a.jpg

fish camp
IMG_04001_zpsea9f64b8.jpg

bow deer, turkey, small game, trout
P2070328_zpsyqpmdhr9.jpg

wide river bottoms...gun deer, ducks, turkeys
IMG_03451_zpse6584e1a.jpg

IMG_1778_zpse9aef69f.jpg

bow deer,turkeys squirrels

32calandCookieexchange023_zps040ad75f.jpg

011_zpse35474e0.jpg

This is sagebrush on Diamond Mountain, a favorite place of mine.

Emptying my .58 halfstock flintlock rifle I built after killing a mule deer here.

This is elk habitat on Taylor Mountain. I'll be hunting this with my Bridger Hawken again this November.

I've been through that country numerous times without hunting it, sad to say.

Over and above the challenge all that open country brings to guns and shooting skill, one other thing rises to the front of my brain.

I wanna know what kind of boots you recommend! Wow, tough on feet and bodies, fer sure. :hatsoff:

You are so right about boots. I used to buy Danner Canadian's. They are awesome in the mountains but the air bobs peeled off like cotton candy in the lava canyon country.
Now I use a set of Canadians int he mountains and a set of Danner Sharptails in the desert.

Idaho Ron said:
...Danner....

Ah man. I was afraid you were going to say that. Love Danners, but they abandoned me about 20 years ago when they quite making extra wide sizes. I've got 6E feet, and their widest come in at about 2E if I'm being generous.

Still searching for a replacement after all these years. Been using Whites, but they're not making my favorite any more, and my last are so beat up they won't repair them.

My mom's account of my feet goes this way: "When you were a kid we'd buy you two pairs of shoes. Then we'd throw away the shoes and strap the boxes on your feet!" :rotf:

BrownBear said:
I've got 6E feet, and their widest come in at about 2E if I'm being generous.

The boots go on your feet! They are not over shoes for your snow shoes. :rotf: :rotf:
WOW you got wide feet!!

I've had some great hunts in a couple of the western states, and they are beautiful and impressive, but for most of my life my hunting ground has been the rolling woods and farmland of north-central Kentucky. I grew up in it, and it fits me like a glove. For the last 15 years it has mostly been on one small farm, which has become a part of me. What it looks like, though, depends on where you stand and when.
http://s881.photobucket.com/user/Spence_2010/slideshow/Hunting Ground

Spence

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice slideshow Spence.

My hunting area looks a lot like yours. :thumbsup:

I especially like the photographs of the cricks (sorry folks, I mean creeks!)! There's just something relaxing about them, even in photographic form.

Thanks for sharing, Skychief

My Hunting cabin in the desert . Cat sleeping on the porch, right in the way! They Got No Respect!!!,,,DT

Spence it's easy to see how that country could grow on Ya! You are a part of it. Thanks for showing the photographs.,,DT

Look's like it could be one of my favorite places too Herb! Love hunting Mule Deer in the sage country! That .58 put the Wammy on that old boy! DT

Dusty Texian said:
My Hunting cabin in the desert . Cat sleeping on the porch, right in the way! They Got No Respect!!!,,,DT

Looks like you two get along better than Hatchet Jack did with his roommate. :haha:

"He was a wild one, old Hatchet Jack. He was livin' two year in a cave up on the Musselshell with a female panther. She never did get used to him."

Back