• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What flint size?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hbasajaun

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I usually 7/8 flint size in my pedersolii frontier 54,but i not sure what is the right flint size because 7/8 is too Big sometimes,and i have to fix the flint.
Any ideas?
Thanks
IMG_20240502_194539~2.jpg

Google says,
The Davide Pedersoli Frontier flintlock rifle uses a 7/8" flint, which is available in a bag of five from the Davide Pedersoli shop. The Frontier is a muzzle-loading rifle that can be used for target shooting and hunting and comes in .45, .50, and .54 calibers.

Hi everyone, I usually 7/8 flint size in my pedersolii frontier 54,but i not sure what is the right flint size because 7/8 is too Big sometimes,and i have to fix the flint.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Pedersoli knows what is best. A 7/8" flint is not a machinist grade measurement. (Start there!!) I purchase quantities of flints and then sort them based on my experience of what gun likes what size and shape. Know what your gun likes and don't like. Consistent good igniton needs a shooter that pays attention to detail.
Larry

Back