• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What gun for turkey

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20ga. I built a couple yrs ago. Has a Colerain Turkey barrel cut down to 34".

90GRS 3F
2LUBED OXYOKE WADS
140GRS NUMBER 6'S
2 OVERSHOT CARDS

shawgob1.jpg

.50 cal T/C Hawken loaded with 65 gr of Goex FFFg with .490 rb .020 ticking lubed with moose snot.

Well , i got a week in my turkey gun and it's all but done. Have to add some cleaver graffiti work on the stock and do some pattern work but looks like I'll be hunting. :thumbsup:

Don't know what happened to my picture on my other post..I must have moved it's location while messing with videos...but I'll be using my little 20ga.

Going to set up on this gobbler opening morning...11 days to go. I will know him if I get lucky. He's got one feather in the center of his tail with no bar on it. Click on the tail for video.

Neat closeup...but noting the date was last spring, remember...starting in the summer right after a spring breeding cycle, adult turkeys go through annual molting where their entire plumage is replaced each year.
That feather pattern may not repeat to be visible this spring.

Back