• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What historical rifle would you most like to shoot?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Timothy Murphy's rifle. From Phil Collins collection donated to the Alamo museum is a leather pouch for holding loose round balls along with a Brown Bess musket that David Crockett supposedly used. If not just muzzle loaders then Alvin York's rifle at famous battle (not necessarily a 1903 Springfield but maybe an Enfield design Eddyfield in 30.06?) or Billy Dixon's borrowed big fifty Sharps at Adobe Walls.

Think about it, you’re all shooting at the enemy, they’re shooting at you. Here comes some officer up on his high horse… you know every enlisted man’s going to send him a gift of lead… airmail.
I have shot at an enemy, I have been shot at by an enemy, I have been hit by an enemy. In the midst of it, concentration of fire is based on other things.
I have thought about it, I believe the narrative.
Robby

I have shot at an enemy, I have been shot at by an enemy, I have been hit by an enemy. In the midst of it, concentration of fire is based on other things.
I have thought about it, I believe
Robby
That’s a joke sport, unruffle your feathers.

Last edited:
Well, he was a war and Cold War and then Korean War president. His was a difficult presidency.

From what Ive read Truman was a WW1 Veteran, and straight forward speaker, the fact that he was also a Freemason brother in the Craft speaks well to this man.
I also "dips me lid" (Aussie..nese for doff my hat) to him for putting "the American Caesar" in his place.

Robby

You and I both brother, I copped 4 woundings in my Army career, lost half my face to Cancer in 2005 after the last one wouldnt heal years after it happened.

Damn I'm an ugly bloke nowadays, but little kids want to know why (I tell them it happens if they pick their nose for dried snot and they laugh) Dawgs keep loving me and my Horses; middle age ladies keep offering ANZAC biscuits (sans good smooth blended Rum in black coffee) but no introductions to their daughters LOL.

Understandably I live way out beyond civilisation, off grid and alone; but no complaints life is still good.

Back