• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What is the history of this tomahawk?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michaal

Pilgrim
Reaction score
It was picked up by somebody who was stationed in Alaska in the military sometime during the 1960s. Does anyone know anything about this object? Sorry about the picture quality, I had to use my scanner. I'll provide more pictures if asked. Thanks.
scan00018uj.png

it looks like a native copied it off of a tomahawk that they saw from a russian in the 1700's i dont have my books i loaned them and wont get them back for two weeks ill check them but i never saw one like that i dont think its cool thou :m2c:

he has a point i have found some very strange and wonderful things that mother nature has made because i dont ever recall seeing one like that
:youcrazy:

i think it is natrual because in my head i think there would be grooves for the handle i would hold on to it though i have found a buck shot mold and a stone tomahawk head in pa before :eek:

Then again, it may have been worked, shaped, smoothed and just not had the groves cut into it yet. At that point it was lost to the owner through some occurance and never completed.

Jim aka kiltiemon

im no expert or anything i just go bye my resources but all i know is that its a cool and rare find and i would keep it because we all have theiries but we will neverknow because there is no way of telling thats all i have to say :yakyak:

As a geologist, I agree...it could just be a natural cobble shaped by mother nature...it shows no evidence of use or shaping by man. I have seen early man-made tools that had been polished by the makers to eliminate tool marks, but this doesn't strike me as one of those...could be? It also could be that stream wear eliminated (polished off)tool marks after it was made? My guess is natural object. Is it quartzite?

Back