• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What is this?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gifted to a neighbor years ago. .44 cal. Almost appears to be homemade but does have a serial # on it.
DSC_0065.JPG
DSC_0067.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0069.JPG
    DSC_0069.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0071.JPG
    DSC_0071.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0077.JPG
    DSC_0077.JPG
    844.5 KB · Views: 0
It's from a company called "Classic Arms". Most were sold as inexpensive kits. They are not reproductions of any known antique firearm but perhaps representative of one type or another. The flask is probably from the same era (1990's?) and possibly a reproduction of some common old-time flask, but copied by several vendors through the years. Neither have great value.

My father bought and assembled the entire line of Classic Arms guns. After years of lugging them to gunshows, I finally sold the last one (inoperative 'pepperbox') for $60.

It's from a company called "Classic Arms". Most were sold as inexpensive kits. They are not reproductions of any known antique firearm but perhaps representative of one type or another. The flask is probably from the same era (1990's?) and possibly a reproduction of some common old-time flask, but copied by several vendors through the years. Neither have great value.

My father bought and assembled the entire line of Classic Arms guns. After years of lugging them to gunshows, I finally sold the last one (inoperative 'pepperbox') for $60.
Thank you for the info.

Do you reckon the neighbor has any percussion caps? Asking for a friend. Never hurts to ask.
Nope, but there is BP in the flask which is going to require some work to get into. He also got a Euroarms '58 Remington circa 1976 that has seen a lot of service and a .36 cal. colt Navy imported by FIE circa 1971. I don't know who manufactured the Navy (brass) but it has also been fired a bunch. I invested about 8 or 9 hours in stripping them down, cleaning, rust removal and some reblueing. All for show. He will never shoot them.

Sounds fairly typical of the era in terms of what was accumulated. No internet to the extent we enjoy these days. Choices mostly what was seen in magazines, paper catalogs, and local stores. BUT - there were actually a lot more people enjoying sorta traditional stuff (and goofy things, too). Very gracious of you to help a neighbor.

Classic Arms also made a multi-barrel "Duckfoot" percussion pistol with four barrels arranged all akimbo. Designed, I suppose, to get the shooter thrown off'n the shooting range. Sorry this is so long ..too hot outside to shoot. Cheers !!

Back