• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What is traditional?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I memorized that back in 1990 at Fort Knox. It still brings back memories and stirs something reminiscent of that storied tradition of my beloved cavalry. Incidentally I spent a couple of years in the 7th cavalry, so the last verse had a little added significance, historically speaking.

To keep this post on topic when I referred to inlines in that earlier post, I don't consider the Hall to fall into the same category as the modern inlines (i.e. it earned it's place in history alongside anything that is considered traditional.)

I would also say that "Traditional" means to me that one is making their best effort
I think that says enough. Anyone that is truly interested will grow and want more. Production "traditional" rifles are where I am currently, but not where I expect to stay. With the help and influence of people here on the forum, I expect to "grow" or regress historically. However You want to look at it. The intrigue you feel looking at a Kentucky rifle or any "old" style muzzleloader can only lead You to more desire for information and challenge. I am personally really excited about where my interest will take me. If you start with a CVA or T/C....big deal. I believe it is all in Your heart. Go where your heart takes you and don't resent limitations in time or money. I'm sure it's "PC" to be on a limited budget. Just my opinion, which, like everyone else on this forum, is entitled to. Get a ML and shoot it.
Idaho PRB :peace:

Latest posts

Back