• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What is you Favorite type of muzzleloading Shooting Competition

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woods walk with reactive steel. I hate having to set up targets again after hitting it, so anything that reacts and resets itself is great.

I prefer skeet or sporting clays.... :thumbsup: When I could see rifle sights I liked woods walks and steel targets.

Most of the stake shoots were between 25 and 50 yard depending upon where in that range they decided to put the stakes. The pinecone shoots were generally between 15 to 25 yards.

Many times a shooting at charcoal brickettes, snoose can lids, flour sacks ect., it was started at 15-20 yards with the survivors backing up four or five yards each round. One time long ago it was myself and another fellow shooting charcoal at 70 yards. Both of use were having a good day. I won but only because he had a hangfire that threw him off.

One fun pistol shoot I was in had five balloons on a string. It started at 15 yards and backed up 5 yards with every round. Those who missed were out.

All the up close rounds had taken out the top balloons because they moved less with the breeze. The bottom balloons would dance a lot more in the breeze. The last bunch of shooters had to hit those at about 50 yards and were doing it. I was out after about 35 yards but it was fun to watch the rest of the match.

I like it all too. I used to think paper was boring but that was when I was a pup. Funny how things change, now I love shooting paper. I shoot the tops of soup cans stuck to cardboard {recycing} I love sheet rock targets but sometimes they make a mess. Briqqetts? I'll be shooting them soon! Oh, and golf balls I love shooting golfballs, although that's more of a 22 revolver pastime, 50 cal ball tears em up when ya hit em solid

Woodswalks of any kind, as long as no one gets too deadly serious about it, and preferably with my niece or nephew participating.

Back