• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What movie would you like to see made?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shine said:
The broken chain, starring pierce brosnan as william johnson. not a bad movie but hard to find.

Thanks Shine. I never heard of it, but, I'm sure going to try and find it.

any of janice holt giles books especislly six horse hitch the kentuckians johnny osage i just reread sante fe trial your fren truckwilkins

A movie about Anthony Wayne's formation of the American Legion to fight in the Northwest Territory would be great movie material. Stuff like his 2nd-in-command, General Wilkinson always trying to undermine him (not to mention being a Spanish Spy), rampant duels between officers, hanging of deserters and for cowardice, British spies, and then ending at the Battle of Fallen Timbers. It's good stuff and a section of history that's not even taught in schools.

theres a book... well many many many and + 60+ more books by an author named David Thompson, I'd love to see them make the first book into the movie, its called King of the mountain :thumbsup: IMO it would be the ultimate mtn man movie if they did it right.

Tyrone said:
I would like to see a series based on Terry C. Johnston's Titus Bass novels.

:thumbsup: that would be another great movie set. The big sky series would be another great re-take as well. the ones from the 50s just suck.

Now that I am starting the seventh of the 9 book series of Terry C Johnston's Titus Bass Saga I would have to cast my vote for these. Why, they are allready historic fiction the movie producers couldn'nt try to alter history too much. The book's story lines are too good. Enough s.. and violence to make a "R"rating if the director wanted to. Although the books represent a long enough story that a two week mini series. It would not be enough to do the novels justice

Has there ever been a movie about the Battle of Bunker Hill? That'd be my choice.
But i wouldn't turn up my nose at the Battle of Lake Erie. Or a flick about the Bon Homme Richard versus Serapis.

B.Habermehl said:
Now that I am starting the seventh of the 9 book series of Terry C Johnston's Titus Bass Saga I would have to cast my vote for these. Why, they are allready historic fiction the movie producers couldn'nt try to alter history too much. The book's story lines are too good. Enough s.. and violence to make a "R"rating if the director wanted to. Although the books represent a long enough story that a two week mini series. It would not be enough to do the novels justice

X2 :thumbsup:

I would also like to see more movies about the French and Indian war.

Daniel Boone. The man's life was vastly more exciting than any movie ever could be. The "rescue of the girls" incident alone would make an outstanding movie....but....

They would screw it up horribly, and it would be a truly shameful display, no doubt in my mind, so actually, I think I'd prefer that they didn't do a movie. :hmm:

I'd like to see a sequel of The Last of the Mohicans, and have them go to Cain-tuck-ee like they were talking about in the movie. :thumbsup: I'd also like a GOOD Daniel Boone movie.

truckwilkins said:
any of janice holt giles books especislly six horse hitch the kentuckians johnny osage i just reread sante fe trial your fren truckwilkins

I would include her book about the 291st Engineer Combat Battalion, "The Damned Engineers". I know, much later period, but an excellent book. She was a very good writer. I have Johnny Osage around here some where. Haven't read it in years.

blockhouseben said:
I'd like to see a sequel of The Last of the Mohicans, and have them go to Cain-tuck-ee like they were talking about in the movie. :thumbsup: I'd also like a GOOD Daniel Boone movie.

The Last of the Mohicans is the 2nd book in a five book series. So, it would be neat to one of the others turned in to a movie.

A remake of "Howard the Duck" set in 18th century Kentucky.

Trench said:
blockhouseben said:

The Last of the Mohicans is the 2nd book in a five book series. So, it would be neat to one of the others turned in to a movie.
Yeah,I know,I mean a sequel to the movie itself. :thumbsup: And they made a movie about The Pathfinder,but it pretty well stunk. :shake:

Well I know I might be a bit off subject,but
I would love to see a remake of "Stanley & Livingston".Darn I sure liked that movie....And
next to it would be "Casablanca".I would never remake that movie though.They just don't have folks like Humphrey Bogart or Ingrid Bergman
these days. Although Meryl Streep(sp)or Glen
Close could replace Bergman,Boggy would be hard
to replace.Even though George Clooney thinks
he is,not hardly.
BTW,I don't know who would be "Stanley" but,
Sean Connery would certainly make a great
great Dr.Livingston.

Back