• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T/C Hawken .45 at a water-filled gallon milk jug at 70 yards. Bullet was a .40 caliber 155 grain Hornady XTP inside a Harvester Crush-Fit .45 caliber unmentionable. Charge was a duplex load; 20 grains of Old Eynsford 3f topped off with 50 grains T7 2f. Velocity should have been about 1700 FPS. The impact point can be seen in the snow for the first attempt. With the barrel fouled, I got a much better result with the second shot... same load.

Loved the fist pump on the second one!

Grip epoxied in place and cross pinned.

Trigger guard painted, baked and installed.

2-7 power scout scope installed.

16ga Frankenstuffer ready for some range time. Now we'll see what patched balls can really do. And if it fails to provide accuracy, I'll install a rifle liner with a fast rate of twist. With the added benefit of thickening the breech wall.

8 pounds and 4 ounces.
What? is that . I want a scoped side lock . I am getting my drills out now.

What? is that . I want a scoped side lock . I am getting my drills out now.
A damn fine and well done melding of antique and modern.

Frankenstuffer has been buzzing around in my head for some time.

Couldn't be happier with it.

And if you're laughing with me and not at me, go to page 263 to see how it all began.

Next up is a 16 inch, 16ga, sidelock with a shoulder thingy that folds. Do muzzleloaders need cruciform BBQ spits that attach to the muzzle? And I've never looked at a squirrel through a red dot. Hmmm...

Last edited:
Makes sense. The local thrift store has bags of material for 2 bucks a bag for rags or patch.
I'll buy ticking for shooting patches, but I go through enough shirts and bed sheets to keep me in cleaning patches forever. On well worn material like some of the bed sheets I'll cut the patches to be 2 x 4"'s and fold double when I use them. For cleaning, I don't know if it makes a difference but I stick to cotton material as that seems pretty absorbent.

Went squirrel hunting this afternoon. Probably for the last time this season🥲. Season ends next week and looking at the weather and my work load, this is probably it.
Looking forward to next squirrel season already.

Completed a bison leather holster for a recently acquired Rogers and Spencer, Euroarms stainless engraved revolver. Broke my hand in November, but it functioned well for the leather work.

Attachments

• 4802E3B6-43AB-4CBA-8A1C-B992F32967CF.jpeg
    4802E3B6-43AB-4CBA-8A1C-B992F32967CF.jpeg
    1.3 MB
  • 81F379E2-F8E5-4202-B15F-CA11ED635949.jpeg
    81F379E2-F8E5-4202-B15F-CA11ED635949.jpeg
    3 MB
  • 724A001D-1CB7-4C93-91F6-CA261CF0CF13.jpeg
    724A001D-1CB7-4C93-91F6-CA261CF0CF13.jpeg
    1.3 MB
I had to share. A lady 86 in tears at sailing club “ look after wife Joan I have had 5 husbands and they all died on me “

A reply to me

You should tell the woman at the club that husbands die before their wives because they want to.

I have been married since 1968. Both still alive. Me be 80 , 22 March

Attachments

• CC72432F-FE7E-4ED0-9683-5507FE321354.jpeg
    CC72432F-FE7E-4ED0-9683-5507FE321354.jpeg
    761.4 KB
Finished another shooting bag. Something a wee bit different this time. A belt bag instead of a shouldered bag. Bag is made of bison hide with deerskin binding and interior pocket, Irish linen stitching. View attachment 199884View attachment 199885
Finished another shooting bag. Something a wee bit different this time. A belt bag instead of a shouldered bag. Bag is made of bison hide with deerskin binding and interior pocket, Irish linen stitching. View attachment 199884View attachment 199885
It’s been a couple days since Tacitus posted pics of belt bag but just wanted to say I just saw this and have to say ,
“Awesome job”. Very nice work 👍👍

I do quite a bit of sewing mainly sail repairs, got a good few machines. But I bought a couple of cobbler leather sewing machines only like £30 on ebay, singer 1906 ??? But it will sew 1/4” leather like going through butter I do hand sewing too Just finished leather bag pipe bladders for my Scottish bag pipe player a great mate . Our type of sewing definitely not woman’s work🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪. Got a stinking code Love from
England.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB
Back