• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
inlet a Ashmore Warranted lock into the current project. Tennessee Mountain Classic. next up recontouring that cheek. wait ing for the rest of the rifle. going all iron on this one. have the .45 green mountain barrel so i guess i can add tabs and get it pinned.

Attachments

• 20220213_191724.jpg
    20220213_191724.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 23
  • 20220213_191708.jpg
    20220213_191708.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 22
Beautiful day, went and shot some percussion rifles, for the fun of it, and unloaded my flint.

It's been loaded since Oct elk season.

Went off like a charm.

Now my truck smells like rotten eggs.

View attachment 118456

That rifle in the middle is a Sharon Trade Rifle.

I finally got around to cleaning it today.

The bore is silky smooth. I shot it 5 times, and it barely had any crud in it.

I think it's my new favorite.

20220213_212232.jpg

No kick at all. Good for target shooting.
That will make her very happy. This last summer we were shooting and I loaded 80 gns of T7 behind my patched round ball and let fly. Alice decided to try the same thing with her TC Hawken 50 and she was hurt from the recoil. My fault for not paying attention! I only hope that this indiscretion on my part hasn't ruined this sport for her.

Shot a two band Enfield and an 1858 Rem .44 cal revolver. Both a learning experience. Showed me how bad a pistol shot I am.

Latest posts

Back