• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coned the barrel on my granddaughters CVA Frontier rifle today. I used Hambergs coning tool. This tool will cone from 32 to 62. This is the first time I've used it and I'll try it this weekend. If I like the results I have eight more to do eventually in 40, 45, 50, 54 and 58. Leaving it mostly to the pictures which pretty well explains it.

I did 150, 220, 320 and 400. I might do 600 later as well but not until I test shoot it first. I will probably firelap this barrel before doing the round ball test.

I didn't cone it to the point where a ball can be thumb started. I wanted it to be easier to load a tight combination without damaging the patch. Also rounded the crown with the thumb method.View attachment 352918View attachment 352919View attachment 352920View attachment 352921View attachment 352922
Wow! I might have to borrow that when you get done. 😁

Received my Colonial back from the UPS fiasco.
1000010757.jpg

Also bored my wife to death talking about how it differs from the SMR I'm putting together, she's a good sport.

Also bored my wife to death talking about how it differs from the SMR I'm putting together, she's a good sport.
I know how that is. My wife said that the rifle that I am now building looks like the rest. After about a minute of me explaining the difference, I could tell that she really didn't care. But she did stay and listen. Kind of like when she is telling me about what is going on in General Hospital.

Back