• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grip epoxied in place and cross pinned.

Trigger guard painted, baked and installed.

2-7 power scout scope installed.

16ga Frankenstuffer ready for some range time. Now we'll see what patched balls can really do. And if it fails to provide accuracy, I'll install a rifle liner with a fast rate of twist. With the added benefit of thickening the breech wall.

8 pounds and 4 ounces.

Attachments

• IMG_2435 (1).JPG
    IMG_2435 (1).JPG
    1.9 MB
  • IMG_2436 (1).JPG
    IMG_2436 (1).JPG
    1.6 MB
  • IMG_2443.JPG
    IMG_2443.JPG
    613.7 KB
  • IMG_2445.JPG
    IMG_2445.JPG
    522.4 KB
Last edited:

16ga Frankenstuffer ready for some range time. Now we'll see what patched balls can really do. And if it fails to provide accuracy, I'll install a rifle liner with a fast rate of twist. With the added benefit of thickening the breech wall.
That looks like nothing but pure fun!

All I've done ML-wise lately is move the Kentucky pistol stock to a different vise (it's perched/impaled on a shim in the trigger mortise) so the new BLO finish can continue curing. Eventually, I'll wax & reassemble it.

Started excavation on my scrimming bench 😳. Partially completed horns , caps , plugs , assorted files , rasps , pin vices and scribes are all buried under a mountain of !?!?!?
I can’t even SEE any of the bench top ! How did that happen ? 🤪😂🤣😂
There’s something wrong with someone with a cleared work bench.

That looks like nothing but pure fun!

All I've done ML-wise lately is move the Kentucky pistol stock to a different vise (it's perched/impaled on a shim in the trigger mortise) so the new BLO finish can continue curing. Eventually, I'll wax & reassemble it.
Thanks.

Really excited to see what she's capable of.

Started excavation on my scrimming bench 😳. Partially completed horns , caps , plugs , assorted files , rasps , pin vices and scribes are all buried under a mountain of !?!?!?
Stuff sneaks out one at a time and never goes home.

Made a little adjustable tool for marking tennons and pin holes. Best used on octagon barrel. Can’t say it’s better than dividers, but I saw one used like this a while back and thought I’d try it. Just a piece of 10-32 all thread, washers, and wing nuts.

Attachments

• F0C2D6CC-1656-49B9-9F85-EE4B88FF90BD.jpeg
    F0C2D6CC-1656-49B9-9F85-EE4B88FF90BD.jpeg
    2.4 MB
  • 5F41543C-9E0C-4691-A413-47B160251FC3.jpeg
    5F41543C-9E0C-4691-A413-47B160251FC3.jpeg
    1.6 MB
  • B61C35C9-80EB-4CF1-9721-0551C222C1B9.jpeg
    B61C35C9-80EB-4CF1-9721-0551C222C1B9.jpeg
    1.8 MB
I got a reloading bench like that... an' you don't even wanna see my print shop mess!

Went to the range again with my SMR. I'm kinda getting used to a flintlock.:p kinda.

I need to figure out why it's destroying patches. First trip I used spit. This time I used bear oil from Frontiers. .015 patches from Eastern Maine, both pre-cut, and cut at the muzzle. I think I'll order some pillow ticking and see what that does.

8 pounds and 4 ounces.
Ah... an assault muzzleloader!

Back