• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello magic you have a Feldstutzer too. I had to have it after I watched utube and our Hungarian friend , Swiss watches etc No police permit to fire it in uk. Its private purchase , embellished a bit, And a half cocktail on tumbler. No half cock on a military one , 1953. Must write to owner on label Enjoy
There’s a percussion gun I’d like to shoot for sure!

Not today but yesterday I made more progress on Loja Man's Fowler. The thumb piece is almost in. I took a break from inletting and worked on cleaning up the lock parts.
1000006216.jpg

1000006213.jpg

1000006218.jpg

Not today but yesterday I made more progress on Loja Man's Fowler. The thumb piece is almost in. I took a break from inletting and worked on cleaning up the lock parts.
View attachment 356163
View attachment 356164
View attachment 356165

Hey Jack , once you get the thumb piece about ready. Could you engrave “Yahweh strength and shield” in the original Hebrew on it? Positioned around a star of Bethlehem with a diamond set in the middle of the star? ;-)

Well, no dear for us this morning! One did bust us! My son Matthias is a bit of a wiggle worm! We heard something snort on the opposite hillside seemingly from an area that was masked by a lot of foliage. There are cattle loose in this pasture area we hunt. He inquired as to what it was. I told him it could be a deer or cow but sounded more like deer. It snorted again. In his desire to be ready if it was a deer he very quickly tucked his book between us and went about getting his gun up and in a better firing position and did a quite a bit of moving. I was concentrating on looking and listening for more sound and didn’t really think soon enough about all of his movement. Then we saw the white tail bouncing away…… so we had a whispered conversation about sitting still and not moving when you’re not sure what it is or where it is!

Took the rifle I'll be using next week in the PA early muzzleloader season out for a woods walk at my club. I had the place to myself. A .530 ball on top of 80 grains of Goex 2Fg makes those gongs clang.

This rifle was a Cabela's Hawken .50 but this year I bought a "Bridger Hawken" .54 barrel for it from Muzzle-loaders.com, so now that's what is says on the barrel.

54-hawken-stump.jpg

54-hawken-accoutrements.jpg

Not today, but yesterday and the day before. I went up to the block to do a bit of scouting for a trip coming up in a couple of weeks. The country is very dry; the deer clinging close to the riparian zones of various water sources. I'll do OK to get a meat animal - there's still plenty of remaining cover to get in close. It always amazes me how a reddish, white spotted animal can hide so readily in the Australian scrub - their disruptive pattern does well; helps them to stay invisible from tigers in their native India.

Walk with me ...

Cheers, Pete

recce7.jpg
recce6.jpg
recce5.jpg
recce4.jpg
recce3.jpg
recce2.jpg
recce1.jpg

Latest posts

Back