• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What size ball for Pedersoli .45 Flintlock?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trossen

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi,

Pedersoli says that I should use a .447 lead ball in their Kentucky Flinter pistol.

I have not seen any lead balls in that size, only .445.

What size lead balls and patch thickness's do you all use?

What do you recommend for a correct load?

Best regards,

Terry

Terry R-.445 ball should be just fine.The Pedersoli folks have a hard time doing the conversion .I shoot .445rb,.010 patch and 20grains 3fg.Hopefully this has helped..Respectfully montanadan

G'day,

I own a Pedersoli Flintlock Kentucky Pistol (rifled). I use a .445 ball, which I use in all of the .45 Pedersoli firearms, with a .010 patch. Never had it burn through or cut. I use around 17 gns of fffg for target shooting but have used up to .45 gns without problems.

Cheers from down under
Aussie Bob

Back