• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What time do the gates open at Friendship? General advice for first timers please.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Other than the spectator entrance for non-members, there really isn’t a gate so to speak. Just a little “guardhouse” at the entrance.
Since I camp there, I’ve never paid attention to what time they open up spectator admission on Saturday and Sunday but I would guess 7:30 to 8:00 AM. If you’re a NMLRA member you can just show your card and walk in anytime or drive in if you’re registered to shoot.
Be warned the traffic starts backing up horribly by mid morning or so on the weekend.

Other than the spectator entrance for non-members, there really isn’t a gate so to speak. Just a little “guardhouse” at the entrance.
Since I camp there, I’ve never paid attention to what time they open up spectator admission on Saturday and Sunday but I would guess 7:30 to 8:00 AM. If you’re a NMLRA member you can just show your card and walk in anytime or drive in if you’re registered to shoot.
Be warned the traffic starts backing up horribly by mid morning or so on the weekend.
Thank you, I was planning to get there around 9 so hopefully it won't be too backed up. I'm a member but my wife isn't. So excited!

The traffic is backup because of the flea markets on 2 sides of the range, it's not from the NMLRA folks.

The traffic is backup because of the flea markets on 2 sides of the range, it's not from the NMLRA folks.
Ah I didn't realize the flea market was going on at the same time, the only time I've been to Friendship was for that about 20 years ago. Didn't even realize there was a range at the time!

Yep. on Saturday and Sunday of both weekends of the shoot the flea markets are going in full force, week days things are fine.

There is rain in the forecast all weekend. I plan to go Friday. Last spring and this spring, the vendors said there were more people at the sale barns on Friday than on Saturday.

There is rain in the forecast all weekend. I plan to go Friday. Last spring and this spring, the vendors said there were more people at the sale barns on Friday than on Saturday.
Wish I could go Friday, gotta work unfortunately.

Do you happen to know if Kibler has representatives there? I'd like to shoulder the SMR and Woodsrunner to see how they fit. Guess I could mosy over to the firing line too I'm sure there will be a couple around to look at.

Wish I could go Friday, gotta work unfortunately.

Do you happen to know if Kibler has representatives there? I'd like to shoulder the SMR and Woodsrunner to see how they fit. Guess I could mosy over to the firing line too I'm sure there will be a couple around to look at.
I'd think Kibler would be crazy to NOT to! I saw them at the Dixon Fair a few years back, they had stacks of boxes you could peruse the end labels and find what you wanted!

I'd think Kibler would be crazy to NOT to! I saw them at the Dixon Fair a few years back, they had stacks of boxes you could peruse the end labels and find what you wanted!
That would be ideal. I'm waiting for a check in the mail, hoping beyond hope that USPS is fast and the deposit clears before I go down to the NMLRA so I can save on shipping!

Yep it’s the flea market traffic that screws it up.
Haven’t seen Kibler setup there before. The only “kit” vendors will probably be Pecatonica and The Hawken Shop, at least based on the recent past.

Never been there but been to big events before, I would get there as early as you can. If there were gates before the gates open.
I'm going to get there before 8 now, thank God my wife is understanding... Saturday is also our anniversary, so I can't stay all day but I'm excited to spend a few hours at least.

If you get there early, go to the Lunch Room for breakfast. They have a decent breakfast and lunch as well.

Latest posts

Back