• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What year did TC add the Black Powder warning to their barrels?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have .50 cal. T/C Renegade kit I built in mid 80's with SN K28,xxx and it has no warning on barrel. The .54 cal. Renegade with SN 270,xxx that I believe was manufactured in the late 80's does have the warning on barrel.

I have a T/C Hawken kit that was purchased during the summer of 1983. Serial number 235xxx. It has the roll mark of Thompson/Center Hawken .45 caliber. No markings about black powder use. Don't know if this helps.
I have a TC Hawken kit 1984 has the warning.

I recently was given a TC Hawken .50 cal and I’m very new to muzzle loading. This rifle doesn’t appear to be a kit gun and is in very nice condition. The serial number is 92,519 and has a hardened case. From what I’ve been seeing would that date this at around 1980? Thanks for any help.

I have a TC Renegade and a Hawken. My Renegade has the model name on the barrel and the "for black powder us only" warning. My Hawken has niether a black powder statement or a model name. Does anyone know what year Thompson Center started adding the black powder warning to their barrels?
I believe the goverment mandate was for the year of 1972 >

I have a TC Hawken 50 that has no name and no warning. Serial No is 138497. The problem is, I can't remember when I bought it (or where)....LOL! So not much help to you, but if someone starts a data base, maybe it will fit in there somewhere. I THINK I bought it before 1980 but I can't think of anyway to pinpoint it much better than that!

Back