• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What's under there?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK, a hypothetical question here, nothing like this would ever happen to me I'm sure. :bull:

Have you ever decided to clear off your workbench after a "few days of neglect", and found a partually built gun you forgot about?

I also found all of the componant parts of a Chineese air rifle I did not know I owned. It even worked when I put it togather!

:hmm:

Is there really a gun fairey that lives on messy workbenches?

Ghost, looks like I have found someone worse than I am. I have not cleaned my bench in three years, at least. When I work at it, I just sweep out a clear spot with my hand and go to it. I do put my tools back when I'm finished though. Sometimes. Well now and then. Alright, occasionally, when I think about it, or need one.

I didn't know there were people out the like me in reguards to the work bench. Everyday ,literly, have the intenion of cleaning it off. I turn on the light, turn on the radio, look around and turn around shake my head and walk out... it over whelms me.......George F.

I know how you feel... I have a 1/2 oz pure gold bar somewhere in my shop. I was gonna use it for some inlays on a rifle and I can't find it anywhere. It overwhelming to say the least.

ghost said:
Have you ever decided to clear off your workbench after a "few days of neglect", and found a partually built gun you forgot about?

I also found all of the componant parts of a Chineese air rifle I did not know I owned. It even worked when I put it togather!

:hmm:

YOU FOUND MY STUFF!!! Just send it my way buddy. I was wondering where I put it! :grin:

wow....here's my old bench and my new one....i must be a clean freak as i clean up after each project :rotf: .............bob

before of my old bench
327214.jpg

after of my new bench
327197.jpg

You are a very sick person.... there must be something wrong with you to have a clean and organized bench like that....probably nothing to do,,,,,,you must be related to my wife. :shake: :shake:
Old Ford

Amazing white buff. Your old bench is constructed exactly like mine, except I added drawers, and the top of mine cannot be seen, without clearing stuff out of the way.

Sir, you appear to be the victim of a particularly aggressive tidying ninja. The one we all dread that sneaks in, cleans up and puts everything away.
You poor chap - how do you ever find anything after such a vicious attack :)

Good Lord White Buff, that is totally sick!!! What do you do, go into the garage and sit and look at that art-piece?

Take that picture off the internet before someone pulls you guntinkering liscense!

:rotf:

Hey, I started dropping drill bits into a plastic jar during the cleanup. I am now the proud possesser of 37 nearly new, probably once used 1/8" drill bits! Filled up a 3 pound coffee can with files! Been wondering where those were!

I found a Hawkin half stock I bought from Piconticia River as a second a couple of years ago, and there was a pretty good barrel in the same layer. Don't know if I did that on purpose or not! I'm going to have to take a half day and try all the locks in the junk drawer to find which one I inletted into this stock.

I have no idea where the swamped .58 x 26" came from! That bad boy is 1 1/4" across the flats and weighs about 10 pounds! What was I thinking???

I also found most of the drawers to the "organizer" my wife gave me for Christmas. I should probably hang that sucker on the wall before it sifts down throught the rubble and out of sight again.

White Buffalo
How do you ever find anything on your bench? LOL
If my bench was that organized I wouldn't be able to get anything done.
Seriously it looks like you have a very nice set up.

Regards, Dave

White Buffalo, I been looking for a clean-up boy to spend a little time in my shop, would you like the job? My new shop is only 6 month old and I can't find the top of my bench. I did sweep the floor yesterday while looking for a screw I dropped, stopped sweeping as soon as I found it. Got half a garbage can full of chips from 2 mills and a lathe, have not cleaned the other lathe or rifling machine yet.

Hey, I just found a Peanutbutter and Jelly sandwich, that I made back in April, and took out to the shop. And it's still edible, cept for the part I spilt some of Stumpy's Moose Milk on. Besides preventing rust, it won't let mold grow, just a little soapy tasting and soggy. I've been looking for my 1/4-32 tap for my White Lightening flash hole for three days now. May have to buy another. Guy at the Machine shop supply wonders what I need all these oddball tap sizes for, but what does he know, he shoots them in-thingys, with scopes on them Bill

white buffalo said:
wow....here's my old bench and my new one....i must be a clean freak as i clean up after each project :rotf: .............bob

before of my old bench
327214.jpg

after of my new bench
327197.jpg

If I kept my bench that clean, I would never have time to do anything else with the limited time I have to spend on guns. :haha:

Old Ford said:
You are a very sick person.... there must be something wrong with you to have a clean and organized bench like that....probably nothing to do,,,,,,you must be related to my wife. :shake: :shake:
Old Ford

Amen brother .. a workbench that clean .. why thats down right plumb un-American! :hmm: :rotf:

Davy

do the bbs shot through the air rifle tumble? if so how do you plan to correct that problem??? :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Latest posts

Back