• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Whats wrong with CVA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too have a Trapper 12 ga. Unfortunately mine has the unlined barrel and the infernal screw in choke system. Have thought about having the barrel shortened to get rid of the screw in. Have refinished the stock as I did not like the "painted" om walnut looking finish. It is a good shooter that I have used succesfully on Turkey squirrel and rabbit. Also generates a lot of looks at the trap range :: In addition I have a .50 cal. CVA Mt. Pistol that is a great shooter and fairly accurate.

Waya

I wanted to buy a Trapper this year but CVA quit making them.Found a White Thunder on Auction Arms.Then guess what my neighbor had for sale,a CVA Double Barrel.Seems to shoot well Iknow if I'm shooting Turkeys with it you realy have to be close with the load I'm using.

000_0672sq.jpg

oneshot

Hi gordy.....Thanks for the info. It does seem they have been discontinued. As usual, I'm a day late or a dollar short when it comes to these things.
I've got a dealer down in Oregon looking, says he see's them all the time when he's not looking, but I guess that is pretty much life's story for everone, when you're NOT looking every body has one for sale.

BTW, Oneshot...That is a GREAT picture you posted! No better way to photograph a gun IMHO. The gun looks good too, it just the angle and depth of the picture seems just right for a mighty handsome photo...you should frame that one!
Russ

Latest posts

Back