• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

what's your gun's name?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I now have a "63" Reminton Contract Rifle(Zouve) hanging on my wall above the dining table. Here the story:
My son and I came home from a 3 day weekend at one of the midwests largest civil war reenactments. We were dog tired, dirty, worn out, but with one last thing to do before we could callaspe unload all our stuff. As I opened my woprkshop to put away stuff that belongs there, there set leaning up against my work bench was this rifle with lots of accessories. I went to my wife and asked whats going on with it. She said " your Uncle Bob dropped by yesterday and dropped it off. He said since he is getting to old for hunting with it, and his sons show no interest, he was giving it to you. All the brass was green, dust was in the barrel, it just needed a caring touch. I cleaned it up, bought a "Zouve" bayonet and scabbard, a "zouve" powder flask. I mounted everything with hangers on a board. and spent 20 bucks on a brass plate stating:
1863 REMINGTON
"BOB"

To make a long story short thats now it's name "BOB" in honor of a favorite uncle who gave it to me.
Even tho it is not historically accurate to take it out for a reenactment. I have done so when I have known he was going to be present, at one of our local events.

I call my .54 GPR flinter, "Bear Grease" named after Friederich Gerstacker's hound in the book "Wild Sports" I have not named my other rifles but no doubt will when one seems to present itself.

hanshi said:
Turns out I named all my flinters at last. They all answer to "Thisun here". :grin:

I reckon that's about as good a name as any. I have one called thatun there.

I have an original percussion rifle built by Jacob Silvis. So, the .50 GPR I built from a kit is "Jacob Sidehammer" I bring home every deer I've ever fired Jacob at. :thumbsup:

well since my .54cal is my first build not from a kit and since it is my first time using real black powder I just call her oldsmokey

Back