• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

wheellock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheerluck

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a wheellock lock and would like to find someone with the talent to build the rest. Thanks for any advise.Sheerluck

Sheerluck:

Hiya!

I have a wheellock lock and would like to find someone with the talent to build the rest.

You can try:

Leonard Day
3 Kings Highway
Westhampton, MA 01027
413-527-9627

The guy makes gorgeous guns! I sent him a Snaphaunce lock mechanism earlier this year and he is currently building the rest for me right now.

He corrected my Wheellock mechanism from my Dutch Wheellock. He also builds a really nice Wheellock Arquebus from scratch. :imo:

Hope this helps!

:m2c:

Nope. Doesn't even have a computer. A couple of times I've sung the praises of computers and web-sites to him but
he hasn't got one yet. Leonard is a knowledgable historian and the idea of using the web as a resource seems appealing, so perhaps someday.

Thanks and also thanks for the welcome! I just love the pre-percussion stuff and I was lucky enough to find a nice wheellock lock at a gun show REALLY cheap. without the barrel and stock it just won't shoot a good group.

Latest posts

Back