• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where these guns go?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After bunches of years of fooling with guns, I'll say if you don't get exactly what you really, really want you will never be completely happy with the runner up or first alternate.

I know I am getting old but didn't a member from Ms post a message about building a rifle for $850 finished in about 10 days or so....can't find that post.....if anyone remembers please educate me....

rick

That was Jackie Brown, he pulled his offer, and the posts disappeared.

steve

Gun sales offers on the forum is against the rules. Really didn't mean it that way, was just trying to help the guy get a squirrel rifle. Finished up a 28 ga. for myself this week and got my first squirrel yesterday. Fried squirrel and gravy last night.

Toots said:
That was Jackie Brown, he pulled his offer, and the posts disappeared.

steve

If he was making offers to sell something in a mainstream thread like this, I suspect the post got deleted...

:hmm: Not sure why that came out as a reply to you but I was replying to Toots there. You posted as I was writing my reply..

Sir I sure didn't mean to stir anything up....just thought I was slipping 'tween the ears :idunno: :idunno: ...rick

Didn't intend to imply any wrong doing. Just what happened to the post. You made a most gracious offer, saw that it was against the rules and retracted the offer. Sorry my post didn't reflect that.

steve

not sure if its exactly what your looking for, but traditions offers their "Deerhunter" model in .32 cal. they list it for $299 on their website. :v

I was at work when I first responded to this thread so I didn't have access to my Favorites list that is on my home computer. If price is a consideration but you still want a decent gun, Mike Lange would be a builder that I'd check out.

While it sounds mighty purty idea, building a new rifle is not in topic. Hopefully I will find something used after this season. Small game I don't care very much for. I enjoy, but not entirely. And my wife is against killing the cute squirrels not mentioning she won't eat them. (whatever, let her starve, :rotf: ). But she has nothing against pheasant hunting :idunno: so I got a tag for ph also. I went to Cabelas last night (east Hartford, CT) with both my wife and a daughter. She wanted the elk burger (pregnancy cookoo) so we went. They had like 10 different muzzleloaders. Only two flintlocks. 4 guns with full stock. 3 side by sides. Two rifles looked like my possible squirrel guns. So I grabbed a ticket and keep looking at the display. Meanwhile girls are shopping for :bull: like a camo-camp chair for our newborn :rotf: . After way past one hour hanging at the counter, walking back and forth, looking at over a quarter million ( :barf: ) inxxxx ( :barf: ) accessories in front of me- I gave up. The number was 35 and mine was 38. I gave it to some older gentlrmen next to me and wished good luck. There was 3 clerks "taking care" of the customers (didn't make much sense either when talking). On top of my frustration, the restaurant with elk burgers closed up, and mama wasn't happy. This trip was a failure. Not mentioning 3hrs of ride.

Thank you for the link. I was looking at this rifle before, but there is something in underhammer that turns me off....
:hmm: ....oh! Yep, the hammer is underneath! :rotf: that's just a joke. Couldn't help ;) but really, this is not the style I'm looking for. Appreciate the effort. I've spotted couple traditions crockets in .32, and I'm waiting to see how high they'll go on auction. The best will be a fullstock .32-.36. If you cone across it somewhere please send me a pm. Thank you very much! Michael from CT

I have a different style of underhammer & they are great for hunting. The 'action' stays out of the weather for the most part as it's underneath. Mine is the most accurate BP rifle I own. The balance of the 32" barrel is phenomenal

underhammer.jpg

Latest posts

Back