• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where to find BP?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mzloder

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Aside from TOW, where are you folks ordering black powder online? I prefer to use Goex, but my local dealer is charging $26 per pound!!! Is that about what you are paying??I would have to buy a case to get it from an online source, not a problem, I can split the order with a couple of friends. Nothing wrong with TOW, but it's nice to have another connection.But, is there another source out there? :confused:

Patrick

WOW!! Thank you for all the links guys! I'm gonna' be busy looking through all that!

Patrick

Graf and Sons will ship as little as 4 or 5 pounds of powder. A search should bring up their web page.

I'm paying $18 dollars a pound locally, right now. (It was $15 just a year ago.) If it goes up to as much as pyrodex, then I'll probably go the mail order route like you.

Last I checked (last week), Powder, Inc. was $13.10 per pound for Goex (mixed granulations if you wish) shipping and haz-mat included, when ordering 25 pounds. That's to your door. Right at $12 per pound if you drive down and meet Jerry.

Last Goex I bought at the store was $20 per lb. I got lucky and someone local was getting out of black powder firearms and he sold me 4 cans for $40 3 are FFFg and one is Cartridge powder, the FFFg is a chinese variety but it seems to perform the same as Goex.

larry wv said:
20.00 a lb where I live. Was also 15.00 a year ago. Larry Wv

OUCH!! What I bought for $20 per lb was more than a year ago... I noticed the other day that some of the cans I have are priced at $9.99, I wonder just how old they are...

Back