• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where to find real 32 Caliber soft lead Ball for the tiny BP Revolvers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So where do I find the 32 caliber balls for the Uberti and/or Pietta 32 caliber cute little revolvers.
Spent parts of several different days reading internet including searching this forum, .... where the answers are
-Use Hornady 0.315" Lead Ball
-Use 00 Buckshot.

Internet Experts that have a cushy government jobs,.... so they have time read the internet all day and become such a thing...... retype what they read stating 0.319 to 0.324" Diameter is what you need-at least for the uberti baby.
Hornady seems to be the only mass producer of lead balls these days (remember-lead is evil-get use to using airsoft balls in your M/L!), .... and only in 0.310 & 0.315".... nothing larger except too large.
Also found on internet there is this Black Powder ballistic table that says using the undersized 0.315" ball can loose not only accuracy but 45% of muzzle energy (poor gas seal) so at least one real person went outside his house and did some real shooting to come up with this to share his real experiences-you do not see this often these days!
Do to advanced age I cannot say from personal experience that using 0.315" ball is much less accurate than if I used a real 32 caliber ball...... as it could be my shaky hand and blurry eyes. I do much better with the Navy though.
I cannot even find the too hard Single 0 Buckshot except loaded.
Some of Internet says to use 00 Buckshot-but then other parts of internet says its too large and too hard and combined you will surely break your dainty loading lever and poke your eye out!-and I read two internet stories of such-surely they were not made up as one poster showed pictures-so it must be true and not the result of some other misuse nor staged. I could always use an external press but using the correct ball size and hardness doing the actual revolver loading lever ritual I find a much more appealing experience when at the range.
Alternatively I could melt and pour my own but I have not started/setup for this, .... so it would be another setup and cost and to occasionally shoot the 32 revolvers-driving cost up to many dollars per round.....might as well shoot my 50 BMG at this price. Also as you get old you downsize, instead of expanding.

So, to get to the point with my questions instead of .... rambling on, and nows the time, the time is now, to sing my song........
Does anyone have a source for the real 32 caliber soft lead ball?
Is there such a thing as "soft" buckshot?
If so where would I find such in Single 0 or 00?

Thank you in advance for your time to read this and your kindly helpful response.
larry

Know what diameter is really needed?

I've seen a .31 replica revolver with .310" chambers and .320" groove diameter and another with .32 chambers. Don't know what's considered normal these days for modern manufacturing.

The pietta 1863 pocket I had pin gauged .316 in the chambers and .301 in the bore. I never shot it, didn't feel good in the hand, but was going to use .319 ball....Lee makes a .319 mould that would have worked well....

But since a mold doesn't sound like something you want to do, give track of the wolf a look, they have lots of odd sized ball for sale... their item number is

BALL-320-X

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back