• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Which group is the best?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your 60 grains of FFFg is still pretty light for a .50 cal. I run 80 in my rifles with patched ball. Although I really don't think I need to shoot a flintlock out to 100 yards, I do all of my shooting there when looking for best groups (in any gun). Your best group at 100 will be your best group at 50 yards. I have had a couple of times where 50-yard groups seemed fine but fell apart at 100.

Mark, 3F is all I’ve ever used in all my big bores, as well as my pee-wee shooter .32’s. This is going back to 1981 and with both conical and round balls.

I agree with the other posters that recommended you do at least one more trip to the range to verify accuracy. 5 shot groups are best.

Good luck.

Back