• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

which hawken sights are right??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kthompson204

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I am in the process of building a Hawken rifle kit (percussion). It came with plastic sights that I'm not mounting. I have looked for the correct sights and didn't have much luck....there are many variations. Does anyone know of a link, or have a picture of the sights that are proper for this style rifle? (I need front and rear)Thanks

I put this one on one of my TC Hawken rifles. But I use what I like more than what the others say I should.

IMG_5199.jpg

This requires you to cut a dovetail. This sight was from TOTW.

Last edited by a moderator:
What type of "Hawkem' kit do you have? it is hard top find kits that are really much like the orignal Hawkens, this is probably why they are not to particular about what sights they use as the guns are not really 'right' so they most likley do not concern themselves much about the sigts being so.

tg said:
What type of "Hawkem' kit do you have? it is hard top find kits that are really much like the orignal Hawkens, this is probably why they are not to particular about what sights they use as the guns are not really 'right' so they most likley do not concern themselves much about the sigts being so.
It is made by Traditions and I purchased it from Possible Shop (Cabela's and Bass Pro also sell the same one). I know it's not a very high quality kit, but it's my first muzzleloader and I since I am kind of getting back to the roots of firearms, I thought it would be fun to build a kit. I want to stay somewhat period correct (even if the rifle is a little off) and with all the help I have got here I was able to see what one should look like on Cody Firearms Museum, and many examples of how nice my kit rifle can look when it's finished. I have bought

Back