• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

which Left-Hand Flintlock to use

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cannonball1

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I made one LH Hawken flintlock using a Siler Lock and flattening the end which worked all right and have seen the L&R lefty with an English lock. How fast is the Siler as compared to the L&R Lock. Is there any difference? Looking for quality. Suggestions please?

A lot will depend on who does the tuning. I haven't run across a flint lock that didn't benefit from some tuning. I have the right hand L&R lock on my Deringer and a right hand Siler lock on my fowling gun. Once I got them properly tuned, they are both fast and reliable. The current Siler locks by Chambers might be a bit better than the L&R. The first question to ask is "What rifle are you intending to build?" The L&R is a good lock for the late English architecture and Hawken architecture. The Siler is more of a Germanic look and the plate needs modification for use in a late flint lock rifle.

Latest posts

Back