• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

White Deer Herd

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gates Co. Freetrapper said:
http://senecawhitedeer.org/

The people at the site seem to have noble cause but I wonder wether the population of deer is large enough to prevent an inbreeding problem. Particulary in light of the fact that only brown deer can be harvested thus further limiting diversity.

E.g. besides ethical reasons there are other valid reasons why you can't marry your sister/brother........... :nono:

here ya go roundball....from what i could under stand with the white deer at seneca they were enclosed on the base some 40 years back and no new genes were put in with them so the ever going inbreeding of the same brothers and sister deer generation after generation did something to the gene pool as ya'll can see :v ..............bob

329595.jpg

i'm not sure where i got this from or where this deer was shot or how old the picture is....sorry :v .............bob

P.S....how bout a white and black buck mount next to each other on the wall....

I have an old magazine with an article about the white deer harvested at Seneca. There is a picure with about 12 mounts or so in it. Some very nice racks, some small ones too. Tried the website listed then to see if I could find a pic, but it didn't work anymore.

Wnen I was a kid,40 some years ago,my cousins had white deer in fenced area about 3 acres or so.The pen was next to the road and we would stop and look at them often.I dont rember where they came from for sure but it seems like Europe.They finally escaped and for a few years they would somtimes be seen.One would feed with the neighbors cattle.None have been seen for 25 or 30 years.If I think about it I will ask my cousin what breed they were.

Good pic of the "Black" deer White Buffalo. I've seen a few photos before, but thats the nicest/darkest hide I've ever seen. Wouldn't mind having one myself.

Back