• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Who has this pistol?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim Chambers is local to us here in Asheville NC. One of our members has that in .50. That barrel is looooong. But it shoots great. Being a parts kit, it will turn out as well as you make it.

I have one that is very similar. It was built by a leather maker at Friendship, with the help of Dennis Priddy and Dick Miller. My barrel is not as long.
A9LrNA.jpg

zEhLAr.jpg

Ron

CHeale said:
.45, .50 or .54... What would be the best choice for target competition?

Very simply the one that YOU shoot the best. Those of us that have suffered the addiction for decades can tell you of a gun (a single gun) in many calibers that shot hands down the best. For me a used CVA.50 I got off Gunsinternational. First time at range (woods) got a 2" group at 90 yds shooting out the window of the ol corolla.

If you own one of each go do yer range time and work up best loads for each and the one with the tightest group is your competition gun. If all are unsatisfactory you will of course need to purchase three more and start again!:hmm:

RonRC said:
I have one that is very similar. It was built by a leather maker at Friendship, with the help of Dennis Priddy and Dick Miller. My barrel is not as long.
A9LrNA.jpg
RonRC said:
Mine is also quite similar and is .50. Accuracy is excellent plus.

Go with the smallest caliber possible for competitive target shooting. Many serious International shooters use .36 where ever they can.

Back