• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Who here has / had a Centermark fusil de chasse

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pharmvet

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I am interested in obtaining a Centermark fusil de chasse and would like some info from those of you own or have owned one. Please let me know your overall opinion of the guns with as much detail as you will. thanks

I've had one for about 10 yrs. It's one of my favorite guns. Won a lot of smoothbore-Trade gun shoots with it.
Mine was in the white when I got it and I finished it. I know several others who have them and all like them.

I've had two over the years and they both performed well. Only problem is getting in contact with them. My gun had all the screws stripped and I couldn't ever contact the owner again (didn't answer his phone) I later sold the gun.

I just got one back some weeks ago just realy getting into shooting it functions well 2 of my friends have Centermarks and they love em overall nice wood to metal fit he uses a Davis lock seams to be just fine . For the money I think it is a good buy . Barrels are made from the same stock as modern shotgun barrels cant say who he is getting them from . Send me a priv message if you want to discuss by email or phone .
fussil.jpg

I bought a well used, but not abused one at the Kalamazoo show, and have put about twenty shots thru her so far. No problems since I replaced the tired, dull black English Flint, with a new French Amber. After al it is a French gun. :: It's shooting a little low for me, but that's me and a learning curve. The gun is well built, and I see many years of good shooting ahead. It appears to like 80 gr. of number 6 shot, with 70 gr. of FFg. fot a shot load, and a .580 ball with heavy patch with Stumpy's moose snot. My barrel mike's out at .610, slightly undersize for a 20 ga. but that's not a problem, as I just adjust for the size with my roundball size. I don't know about customer service, but it appears to be a good gun for the price. Bill

Not all measurers are created equal. Mine throws 1 oz at the 70 gr seting, 1 1/8 oz at the 80 gr. setting, and 1 1/4 oz at the 90 gr. setting. I checked this by weighing the shot charges on a scale.

We must have the same measure. And by a happy coincidence, my fowler really appreciates these weights/volumes of shot--whether #4, #5, or #7. 1 1/4 ounces of #4s over 3 drams of ffg is a great turkey load in my fowler.

I meant 80 gr. by volume, and 70 gr. of powder by volume also. Even though I have a pocket digital gram scale, it dose'nt work to well out in the woods. Heck, after you set up a press for loading, and verify the load data with a scale, you are then loading by volume anyway. It's a good idea to verify the true measure of any volume powder measure you might use, as some can be quite a bit off. Just cause it says TC, or CVA or any other make you might choose, including homemade, you truly can't trust it's accuracy, till you verify it with a scale. :imo: :m2c: Bill

Back